10 Things Guests Do That P@$$ Me Off
I've been living in hostels for too long. And now, I am living and working in one. You'd be wrong if you thought hostel volunteering was an easy gig.
The things some guests do is sometimes beyond me. We try to maintain some sort of order, for the comfort of other guests. Why do some think that the rules are for others?
Here's my list of things that some guests do that really piss me off:
• The cheapskates who put soap powder in the dryer -
One evening last year, some one wanted to cheat the 100c laundry fee by attempting to get their stuff washed when they thought I wasn't looking. Yet it back fired on them. They put their muddy clothes in the dryer and poured the soap into the filter. They denied all knowledge of it, of course. Solution, lock the soap powder up.
• The alcoholics who drink liquor despite the no liquor rule
• Guests who wear shoes inside the dorm rooms despite the no shoes rule
• Smokers who smoke in the no smoking zone
• Drunks who come back after 12 midnight and ring the bell. Solution: take the battery out of the bell.
• Early risers who order taxis for 5am and then the driver ringing the bell as the guests can't get out. They forget to mention this small detail of early check out. Solution: as above
• The selfish guests who take 30 minute showers and drain the hot water tanks
• The ones who put paper down the loo
• The ultra budget travellers who think that a 2 night stay warrants a discount.
• The ones who steal other peoples food!